We meet some new freshmen at Ashburn U.
- Victor and Ferris meet each other, become instant besties, and start the search for a rival.
- Orson is upset when some guy wears his same ironic shirt but sincerely.
- Madison throws a water bottle at some jerk and is consoled by Callie, her roomie.
- Ivan’s dad brings food for Orson and Ivan, and Orson goes on a quest for a spot in which to write.
- Orson finds that spot and meets Pearl, a cutie who works at the coffee shop.
- Pearl and B.B. compare work schedules.
- Madison and Callie tour the science building and snark at some post-doc.
- Aiden visits Project Aquarium.
The freshmen adjust to their first week of classes.
- B.B. hates Professor Marshall.
- Meanwhile, Dr. Cho tries to recruit Ivan for her lab.
- Ivan frets and shares a secret about his Snap with Orson.
- Pearl and B.B. get on each other’s nerves, but eventually make up.
- B.B. meets Victor and Ferris and agrees to go bowling. She drags Pearl into it, too.
- Madison and Callie run into a meerkat on campus.
- Ivan introduces Orson to his friend, Pearl, and agrees they’ll go bowling with her.
- Pearl promptly gossips about Ivan’s Snap to B.B.
- Ivan realizes he forgot his textbook in Dr. Cho’s office. This is terrible, but then he gets to flirt with the cute post-doc, Aiden, so it ain’t all bad.
- Aiden gets dragged underground by Basement Amy, who makes him call their mutual boss.
- Dr. Cho suspects something is off about Aiden and bans him from the lab after he has an outburst.
Some people go bowling. It’s terrible.
- The freshmen go bowling and find a wide variety of awkward ties to one another, from exes to ex-bullies.
- Pearl and Orson head out together after Ivan leaves, leaving B.B. to confront some complicated feelings.
- B.B. realizes she’s kind of gay. Victor and Ferris are there to HELP.
- Callie bumps into Orson and Pearl at the tiny corner store, while B.B., Victor, and Ferris hunt ghosts in the library.
- Madison announces she has cursed Orson, due to his past jerkery.
- She and Callie then chat a bit about Ivan, Ivan’s Snap, and Snaps in general.
- Back home, Orson and Ivan receive an unexpected visitor. (It’s Aiden. He’s drunk. And chatty.)
Some folks find some stuff out about some other folks, and one intrepid young woman goes out into the big world.
- While studying and watching Vampire Space Captain, Madison admits to Callie that she actually can curse people.
- B.B. and Pearl go on a quest to avoid having to take Dr. Cho’s bio class and overhear Prof. Marshall being kind of a jerk.
- One of Pearl’s other friends calls her out on her issues.
- Victor proposes to Orson, but in a nemesis kind of way.
- Terrible Josh tries to figure out who’s going to his party and how many snacks he needs.
- And we meet Timothea, part of Dr. Cho’s lab.
Josh throws a party. Many bad things happen, mostly to Orson.
- Ivan awkwardly apologizes for his terrible past. Josh, Orson’s old friend, is cool about it.
- Madison manages to break up with Josh.
- B.B. feels pretty done with Pearl’s “will we, won’t we” with Orson, tries to stage an intervention, and accidentally injures herself after finding out Pearl is not straight.
- Orson’s also feeling pretty done with it and also injures himself.
- Josh and Pearl patch Orson up and stick him on the invalid couch with BB, which lasts for a hot second.
- Ivan freaks out after finding out Orson left the invalid couch. Victor, Ferris, and BB promise to help track Orson down.
- Pearl and Josh grow closer, but are interrupted by some weird alarm.
- And Orson sees something he shouldn’t.
Arguably this is Josh’s most successful party.
- An emergency warning is issued by Ashburn U. Callie worries about Madison, who worries about something else.
- Meanwhile, the search for Orson is on, the cops show up, and BB makes friends with Stacy.
- Ferris goes missing and meets a new friend! Madison helps.
- Aiden panics, Konstantin plans, and the students stumble back to their dorm room after a hell of a party.
- Except Callie, who was home all night and finds a surprise guest.
The Depthless Night is a TV show about a vampire who is a captain of a space ship. Some of the Abernathy folks like this show.